School commences at 9.00 am daily. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their child is on time for school. When a child is absent from school by parent choice a note to the child’s teacher is required.
Where there are concerns that a child is absent for more than five days and these absences are unexplained, the school will follow up with parents to offer support as needed to ensure that every child is attending school regularly.
Entry music is played a couple of minutes before 9:00am to allow children to move quietly to their assembly areas or classrooms. Bell times are:
- School Starts – 9.00 am
- Session 1 – 9.00 – 11:00 am
- Morning Snack and Fitness Break – 11 – 11.30 am
- Session 2 – 11.30 am – 1.30 pm
- Lunch – 1.30– 2:30 pm (Students eat from 1:30-1:40pm in their classrooms)
- Session 3 – 2.30 – 3.30 pm
- Dismissal – 3.30 pm
Students who arrive at school after 9.00 am are required to collect a late slip from the office before proceeding to their classrooms. Parents are reminded that a note or phone call to the school office or use Compass or Tiqbiz to alert the school regarding their child’s lateness or absence.
The safety of every student is of the highest priority to us. When parents communicate with the school and inform us of absences and student lateness, children can be safer.
Hours of Supervision
The school grounds are supervised by teachers from 8.45 am until 3.45 pm. Parents are advised not to send their children to school in the morning before 8:30am unless they are attending the Out of School Hours Care program or if they are participating in an excursion where students are required to be at school earlier.
The Out of School Hours Care Program (OSHC) is available to parents who must deliver their children to school before 8:45 am or are unable to collect them by 3:30 pm. For more information about this program please call 0439 345 134.
Parents are asked to call the school on 9723 3886 in the event that they may be late to collect their child and they are not enrolled in the After School Care Program.
School council meets 8-10 times per year and has both teacher and parent representatives.
Family and Friends Network
The Family and Friends Network is a wonderful opportunity for parents and friends to assist with special school activities such as Transition, Footy Day, Mother’s and Father’s day stalls etc.
The Family and Friends Network invites interested parents who want to volunteer their time to join and support the school and assist in various school events and activities throughout the year. Regular meetings are held to discuss and plan forthcoming events.
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls are held as a service for the students at Ruskin Park Primary School. There is always a wonderful range of items for sale at a reasonable price. These two events are always highly anticipated each year by our students.
- Footy Day Lunch– This is an annual event held in late August at Ruskin Park Primary School. It is a non profit event aimed at supporting the Physical Education Program at the school. Our students delight in dressing up in their team colours and actively participate in AusKick skills sessions followed by the option to purchase pies or pasties for lunch catered for by the Family and Friends Network.
- Sausage Sizzles Family and Friends Network conduct sausage sizzles at various times throughout the year.
- Prep Transition Sessions The Family and Friends Network provide wonderful morning teas during Prep Transition Days for all parents enrolling their children in Prep each year.
The Family and Friends Network invites parents to join at any time. Simply contact the office on 9723 3886 and leave contact details. Your details will be forwarded to the appropriate contact who will ring you back.